It’s my gorgeous girl’s Friendsgiving and I must bring an app. 😳
Not to fret, my dear- is what I tell myself… with my stress level already UP there… I decide to crank Miss Queen B in the background (for moral support)… and layer some fresh ingredients right on up. Enjoy. 🍴
- 6 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain low fat greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 1/2 english cucumber sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 12 slices cocktail pumpernickel bread
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- chopped chives for garnish
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and yogurt until light and fluffy. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chopped chives.
- Spread a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each slice of bread and then divide the salmon among them topping each with a sliver. Top each canapé with cucumber, red onion, and tomatoes. Season with a little bit of kosher salt and pepper. Garnish with the remaining chives. Serve immediately.
- Note: The cream cheese mixture can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in an airtight container refrigerated.
Delish… I recommend prepping everything the night before- and just toppin’ it all off before your par-tay!
You will most def look like you’re one of those girls who has their shit totally together. And that, my friends- is what counts.
xoxx -Mel 💋