I’m the furthest away from a basic bitch. 💋
But, I do love me some pumpkin sweets during these fab fall months. I mean, you can’t be American and NOT love the spiced delicacies we all have come to pair perfectly with nights by the fire and cozy socks.
These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins are simple enough to put together and take only 30 min or less to make!
The sweet cream cheese on top adds a ton of flavor and I love how pretty they look. Totally like you picked them up from Sweet Mandy B’s. (shh- I won’t tell anyone.) 😉
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. This will not look smooth, but it will bake up much prettier.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- I liked these best at room temperature or even slightly chilled! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Break these out for a sweet breakfast in bed treat that’s sure to lead to some extra sweetness… if you play your cards right. 🔥
xoxx -Mel 💋